HOW TO USE MINI SET ACTIONS
This video will run you through using my Photoshop Actions.
For anyone who is new to photoshop actions, this is for you!
Please be aware...
Actions will work in all versions of photoshop CS6 and above.
In all versions of Elements, 2018 and above.
In Gimp, with a plugin used. ( Info HERE. )
Actions ARE NOT presets. These are .atn files.
Some digital sellers are advertising their Lightroom and Camera Raw presets as actions. They are selling .xmp files and these ARE NOT Actions. Just because they work in Camera Raw does not mean they are photoshop actions. Camera Raw uses PRESETS and is nearly identical to Lightroom. It does not allow layers, blending modes, opacity changes or masking.
Photoshop is different from Lightroom and Camera Raw in that you have layers. Actions save all the layers and enable greater flexibility in your editing.
The below video will demonstrate how to edit an image using my mini set actions. This will apply to all my mini sets and most of my bigger sets of actions too!
TIP!... If you already know how to load photoshop actions into PS, then skip forward the video to 2:55min. ( Then you can miss the boring stuff! )
TROUBLE LOADING ACTIONS
If you are having trouble loading actions, please pop over to THIS PAGE for trouble shooting info.
The set of actions used in the video may not be included in the set you have purchased. The wedding actions set is used for example only.
HOW TO INSTALL ACTIONS
INSTALL ACTIONS ( Old Way )
- Open Photoshop, and click on the Actions Palette menu button. This is located in the top-right of the Actions Palette.
- Select Load Actions.
- Select one of the .atn files from the download.
- Repeat for the other .atn files if necessary.
OR USE THE DRAG & DROP METHOD - New Method if Greyed Out.
( This may solve any issues with older versions of Photoshop not opening .atn files which say it is incompatible or greyed out. )
- Open Finder ( on Mac ) or Explorer / File Manager ( Windows ) and find your file.
- Make sure you have Photoshop open.
- Double click on the . ATN file and it should automatically load into photoshop.
- OR drag the .atn file down and drop to your Photoshop Icon. ( Usually found in your dock or desktop. )
- Open your actions palate, and you will find your new photoshop actions there.
VIDEO TUTORIAL - INSTALL ACTIONS