HOW TO UNZIP FILES ON MOBILE DEVICES
Files that use the .zip extension are referred to as Zip files. Zip files compress and bundle many files together to make it easier to send, upload, and download a group of files. Zip files are used on websites to help visitors download a large number of documents or media at once without having to manually download each file individually.
To download and unzip your files on your mobile device, the following information should help!
- Go to the Google Play Store and install Files by Google
- Open Files by Google and locate the ZIP file you want to unzip. If you downloaded the ZIP file from a website, it may be in the Downloads folder.
- ZIP files always have the .zip extension.
- Tap the file you want to unzip. The list of files in the compressed ZIP folder appears.
Tap Extract to unzip the file. After the files are extracted, a list of the unzipped files displays.
- Tap Done.
- Tap the app store on your iPhone home screen. Select the search tab.
- Type "izip" in the search box then tap the search button.
- Select zip, tap "free", then "install".
- Open your web browser or email and find your zip file.
- Tap the zip file and then tap the "open in izip" button.
- Tap "ok" to open all the files, or click cancel to select individual files for unzipping. If you tap "cancel" you will need to select the files you want to view and then tap the extract button.
- Tap the file to view it using the zip viewer.
- The app supports all microsoft documents, images, pdf's and apple ilife documents.