HOW TO REMOVE THE BLACK BACKGROUND
JPEG Overlays sometimes have a Black Background, unlike most .png files, which have a transparent background.
- You will need to use your Blending Modes in photoshop for the JPEG Overlays to work.
- Blending Modes are fantastic tools that change the way the layer interacts with the layers below it.
- If you are struggling with using my JPEG Overlays, like the sun flares or glitter, and can't work out how to get rid of the black background, there is a very simple solution! Yay!
- The blending mode needs to be changed to SCREEN! Voila! All the black disappears!
- You can transform your overlay now, to fit and suit your image.
Sometimes an overlay works better when it is on a black background. For example, it needs to glow or have a see through effect. And sometimes it is very difficult to see what the overlay is without a black background! ( Especially when it is a white wing or light flare! )